The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) conducts the Common Management Ability Test (CMAT). It is a national-level exam for MBA entrance and, as per the direction of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), this exam is held once every year. It is a computer-based test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune conducts the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) for MBA entrance.
If you want to decide which exam is tougher than the other, you should analyse the pattern and syllabus of both exams. This article will help you understand the difference between SNAP Exam and CMAT. Consider the following parameters:
- Quantitative & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness are four sections in CMAT exam
- Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, Analytical & Logical Reasoning, and General English are three sections used in SNAP exams.
As we can see, there are four sections in the CMAT examination and only three in SNAP. Therefore, to cover the CMAT syllabus, you will need more time than to cover the syllabus of SNAP.
The General Awareness section of the CMAT 2022 examination will take more time to cover as there is no specified syllabus for this section. Therefore, the SNAP examination is on the easier side.
Number of questions
- There are 100 questions in the CMAT exam.
- In the SNAP exam, only 60 questions are asked.
As we can see. the number of questions asked in the CMAT is more than the SNAP.
By joining BYJU’S Exam Prep, students can learn how to manage their time while attempting the exams, as it offers structured preparation for all the examinations.
- In CMAT, each question carries 4 marks, and 100 questions are asked in this exam, so the total marks for the CMAT exam are 400.
- In SNAP, each question carries 1 mark, and 60 questions are asked, so the total marks of the SNAP exam are 60.
- In CMAT, 4 marks are awarded for every correct answer, and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. There are no marks given or deducted for students if the question is not attempted by the candidates.
- In SNAP, for every correct answer, a candidate is awarded 1 mark, and 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer. There are no marks for students if the question is not attempted by the candidates.
Exam Time Duration
- There are 100 questions in the CMAT exam, which the students can attempt within 3 hours (180 minutes).
- There are 60 questions in the SNAP exam, which students can attempt within 1 hour (60 minutes).
Difficulty level of CMAT and SNAP
- The level of questions in SNAP is moderate. The questions in this examination are asked from the basic concepts and are based on the formula. The data interpretation questions are slightly more difficult than the others.
- In CMAT, the level of questions is difficult. Here, questions are asked more from the analytical understanding of the core concepts, so your fundamentals should be clear before appearing for this examination.
Tier-1 colleges under CMAT and SNAP
- JBIMS (only 18 seats for all India candidates) are available in the CMAT exam.
- SIBM PUNE is a tier-1 college for SNAP.
After analysing the pattern and syllabus of CMAT and SNAP, we find that the SNAP exam is similar to the other national-level MBA entrance exams. The difficulty level of the SNAP exam is easier than the CMAT exam. Thus, we can say that CMAT is tougher than SNAP.
For clearing the SNAP examination, your speed of solving problems should be higher, as you are given one hour to attempt 60 questions, which comes down to 1 minute/question, while to clear CMAT examination, the understanding of the core concepts is necessary, as in this exam, you will have plenty of time to solve the questions.
The paper patterns of CMAT and SNAP are almost the same and moderate in level. We hope that this article will help you make a decision on which exam to give.
Also know about ranksway