People who suffer from pain and bleeding of the gums should consult the best dentist in Lahore. The specialist will conduct relevant tests that will allow detection of the cause. The doctor will provide the patient with information regarding effective treatment options that will enhance the oral health of the individual.
The common causes of bleeding of the gums are:
- Suffering From Gingivitis: Individuals suffering from gingivitis experience swelling, redness, and bleeding. People should not ignore the bleeding, as it may indicate a severe illness. However, people can notice visible changes if they maintain oral health by brushing, flossing, and using a mouthwash.
- Periodontitis: Individuals with gingivitis should not delay their visit to a dentist. Without treatment, it can lead to periodontitis. Infection and bleeding can affect oral health.
- Diabetic Patient: Diabetic patients are at a higher risk of suffering from bleeding. Individuals who suffer from bleeding and change in body weight should immediately consult a doctor, as it may be a sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Thrombocytopenia: The individual who notices bleeding while brushing is at a high risk of suffering from thrombocytopenia.
- Lack of Vitamin A and K: Individuals with vitamin deficiency can have multiple health problems. The people will notice that they have swollen gums and remain agitated.
- Scurvy: Individuals who have poor dietary intake are at a high risk of suffering from scurvy, which can cause bleeding of gums and anemia.
People with bleeding gums should:
- Maintain Health Oral Hygiene: Everyone should prioritize their oral health. People must brush, floss and use mouthwash every day to avoid the growth of bacteria that cause gum disease and infections.
- Use Mouth Wash: The hydrogen peroxide mouthwash helps remove plaques, kill bacteria and prevent gum disease. The person who notices bleeding should start using hydrogen peroxide mouth wash after brushing their teeth to avoid further complications.
- Eradicate the Habit of Smoking: Smoking adversely affects the physical health of the person. It can cause heart disease and other complications. Also, it can worsen gum disease and put the person at risk of suffering from mouth cancer. Hence, people must avoid smoking to enhance their overall physical health.
- Sufficient Intake of Vitamins: The use of fruits and vegetable help the body get the essential nutrients and vitamins. The person who consumes citric fruits and green vegetables have a strengthened immune system that fights infections. The person can notice that they have enhanced oral health after they start taking fruits and vegetables. Individuals can also take supplements to fulfill the requirement.
- Manage Stress: Emotional stress is correlated with periodontal health. People must prioritize their mental health and try to manage the stress by engaging in breathing exercises. People who suffer from stress and anxiety have a weak immune system, which can cause infection and compromise oral health.
- Rinsing with Water and Salt: The combination of salt and water helps fight the bacterial infection. Individuals who suffer from gum bleeding due to poor oral hygiene should start rinsing their mouth with water and salt twice daily to reduce inflammation.
- Consume Green Tea: Green tea contains catechin, responsible for fighting bacteria present in the mouth. It helps reduce the bacterial growth that may be the cause of gum disease. Gum disease or other physical diseases cause bleeding. Hence, individuals must prioritize their physical health and make relevant lifestyle changes to improve bodily functioning. Individuals should drink green tea at least once a day. It can help recover from gum disease and reduce further complications.
Individuals suffering from infections and bleedings should visit a dentist. People can book an appointment with a reliable, competent, and experienced dentist through oladoc.com. The specialist will provide guidance regarding treatment options that can prevent further complications.