Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) was established on 23rd May 2001, subject to the provisions of Article 315 of the Constitution of India, which establishes a Public Service Commission for the Union and a Public Service Commission for each state.
CGPSC was formed with the purpose of conducting examinations every year for appointments in the state and for giving advice to the state government on matters related to state civil service, monetary benefits and compensation to civil servants by the state government and the eligibility, promotion and transfer of civil servants.
Post List in CGPSC
The CGPSC conducts recruitment for eligible candidates in group A or group B at different levels of the pay matrix. To be able to be appointed to the following posts, it is crucial for all the candidates to be aware of the latest CGPSC syllabus.
- Deputy District Magistrate
- Chhattisgarh Subordinate Accounting Services
- Accounting Officer
- District fighter, City service
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Registrar, Cooperative institutions
- Superintendent District Jail
Pay Matrix Level: 12
Pay Scale: Rs. 56,100
- Commercial Tax Inspector
Pay Matrix Level: 9
Pay Scale: Rs. 36,100
- Assistant Jail Superintendent
- Excise sub-inspector
- Deputy Registrar
Pay Matrix Level: 7
Pay Scale: Rs. 28,700
- Commercial Tax Officer
Pay Matrix Level: 6
Pay Scale: Rs. 25,300
Also know about avple
Stages of the CGPSC Exam
The CGPSC Exam is conducted in three phases:
1. Prelims Exams
Two compulsory papers of objective type questions of 2 hours each are conducted for the prelims exam:
- Paper 1 (General Studies): This paper is related to general studies. It contains 100 questions. The total marks for this paper is 200 (for each question 2 marks). The time duration is 2 hours. It carries a negative marking of 1/3 for every incorrect answer. Paper 1 is divided into 2 parts: Part A and Part B.
- Paper 2 (Aptitude Test): This paper is conducted to check the aptitude, problem-solving and decision-making abilities of the candidates. It contains 100 questions. Total marks are 200 (for each question 2 marks). The time duration is 2 hours. It carries a negative marking of 1/3 for every incorrect answer.
2. Mains Exam
The CGPSC conducts a total of 7 papers for the mains exam. Each of the 7 papers have descriptive type questions to analyze and evaluate the overall comprehensive skills, depth of understanding of the subject, and intellectual traits of the aspirants. Each paper is of 200 marks with a time duration of 3 hours each.
Except for the language papers, other papers can be answered either in Hindi or in English.
3. Personal Interview
The aspirants who clear both the Prelims and Mains exams are selected for a personal interview round. The syllabus of CGPSC for Personal Interview is related to topics that assess the mental alertness, intellectual integrity, critical thinking, leadership, logical reasoning and moral integrity of the candidates.
The Personal Interview round is of 150 marks. The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of CGPSC mains examination and personal interview.
If you are preparing for the CGPSC Exam but you are confused about where to start, how to gather study material and score your best, we are here to help.
Start your CGPSC Exam preparation today. With BYJU’S Exam prep you get access to various online classroom programmes, test series, comprehensive study material, free videos and quizzes and previous years’ question papers.
click here for more articles.
Leave a Reply